Dependencies

Elmar Weber elmar_weber at gmx.de
Fri Nov 16 13:19:30 PST 2001

Eduardo A. Gomez wrote:

> Ok, but how can I do to know what dependecies a progran need ?

every (or nearly every) programm describes in the docs which packages
are required.
if u have no docs u'll get an error message which packages is needed if
u "make" the programm (and u havent installed the required package).
normaly first all options, the prog needs (packages, system
requirements, kernel modules, etc), are checked (u see a lot of
"checking for xxxxxxxxxxx installed .. ok" while compiling a program.

elmar weber

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org