libstdc++-* and mozilla

Kale Duncan silver at linuxfreemail.com
Thu Nov 15 02:32:45 PST 2001

I recently got my LFS system up and running and successfully installed X. All
seems to be going well except that when I tried to run Mozilla, it complained
about not having libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2

I looked in /usr/lib and I didn't have that. I had
libstdc++-3-libc6.1-2-2.10.0.so
libstdc++-3-libc6.2-2-2.10.0.so

and some other links pointing to those. I tried to link what mozilla was
looking for to those but it bombed. I found the file it wanted in my old
system and copied it over. It works now but I would prefer to get that file
by compiling it myself in case using the other breaks something. Could
someone tell me how to get it? Does it require compiling an older version of
glibc or something?

Kale Duncan

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org