glibc 2.2.4 configure problem

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 14 16:49:11 PST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andreas Benzing" <andreas.benzing at nudelsnack.dyndns.org>
To: <lfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2001 11:39 PM
Subject: Re: glibc 2.2.4 configure problem

> >This is a problem with binutils. Go back to chapter 5 and reinstall it.
Make
> >sure that it's statically linked.
>
> That didn't help, but I discovered that ar, as and conftest.a aren't
> there! What could be the problem? I didn't find anything in the
> install logs of binutils.
They are part of binutils! If you don't have them, maybe you used the wrong
prefix? Make sure the LFS variable is set if you use it. I think you should
from previous builds are left over, unpack and make sure you follow
instructions exactly. Copy and paste will make sure that you didn't make a
typo.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org