fileutils static problem

Thien Vu thien_vu at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 14 15:01:40 PST 2001

Hi all,

I'm running into a wierd problem with building fileutils statically in
chapter 5.

I am running off the CVS LFS, but the commands hasn't changed from other
versions.

After running 'configure' and 'make LDFLAGS=-static', when I run the 'make
install' command, it rebuilds the binaries and they are no longer statically
linked.

I solved this by running 'make LDFLAGS=-static install' but I was wondering
if there was any insight into why this would happen.

Thanks,

Thien