chroot entry problems

Dave Ayers fogey at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 12 00:28:03 PST 2001

On Sun, 11 Nov 2001 23:06:01 -0500
Sam Breed <campislife at aol.com> wrote:

> yes,I had set the lf environment variable. even when I replace
$LFS with
> /mnt/lfs or add /mnt/lfs in front of /usr/bin/env and /bin/bash
I still
> get the
>     chroot: cannot execute /usr/bin/env (/mnt/lfs/usr/bin/env):
No              such file or
> directory
> error.
>
> tim at momentumgroup.ca wrote:
>
> > Did you make sure you've set the LFS environment variable?
> >
> > Tim

FWIW, I have always got the message disavowing bash, but I just
ignore it, and the chroot environment works just fine. I have
installed LFS3-pre4 and a whole bunch of apps, including X, in
the chroot environment with no problem. I have wondered about the
message about bash, thinking some of you wizards would explain it
for me.

Still waiting, ;)

Dave

--