chroot entry problems

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Mon Nov 12 00:17:18 PST 2001

On 11 Nov 2001, at 23:06, Sam Breed wrote:

> yes,I had set the lf environment variable. even when I replace $LFS with
> /mnt/lfs or add /mnt/lfs in front of /usr/bin/env and /bin/bash I still get

Adding /mnt/lfs to /usr/bin/env and /bin/bash is wrong. These paths are
interpreted rel. to the new chroot environment's /.
The chroot line must list them without /mnt/lfs, BUT they must be present
in /mnt/lfs. Have you made sure that

/mnt/lfs/bin/bash and /mnt/lfs/usr/bin/env exist and are statically linked
(use file to check this)?

MSB

----
For sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org