New to group

James Drabb AstroDrabb at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 11 17:50:13 PST 2001

Hello all,

I just joined up and I am new to LFS.  I have a ? that I hope you all
can help with.  I have set up all the previous steps, my lfs is under
/mnt/lfs.  I am logged in as root and I am on the first install step of
installing bash.  I am getting the following error when I try to do
./configure:
root:$ ./configure --enable-static-link --prefix=$LFS/usr \
  --bindir=$LFS/bin --with-curses

bash: ./configure: bad interpreter: Permission denied

However I untar'ed bash-2.05.tar.gz under my main root drive at
/home/jim/lfs and all goes well.  The files are installed under
/mnt/lfs/... properly.  Is it ok to do it this way?

Thanks for any help,

Jim Drabbb

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org