Installing Gnome

Darrell Blake dazblake at btinternet.com
Sun Nov 11 10:33:33 PST 2001

Hi,

I've got my LFS system up and running and X is running fine on it. I
have now come to installing gnome. The first package (audiofile)
installed fine. But I've come to install the second package (esound) and
when I type "make" I get the following error...

./libs/libesd.so: undefined reference to 'afGetTrackBytes'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [esd] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/root/gnome/esound-0.2.22'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/root/gnome/esound-0.2.22'
make *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

Can anyone tell me what the problem is? I've looked in the esound directory
for a dir called "libs" but it doesn't exist.

Please help,

Darrell

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org