Typo LFS-cvs-20011105 ch6 configuring essential software

Seth W. Klein sklein at mint.net
Sun Nov 11 06:13:41 PST 2001

On Sat, 10 Nov 2001 19:48:01 +0000, Mark Hymers <markh at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> Depends what you mean by *proper* operation of vim.  IIRC, we need that
> file otherwise vim will run in vi-compatible mode which isn't what we
> intended (otherwise, as the book says, we would have included vi in the
> book intead of vim).  I actually would prefer to move the creation of
> both vimrc and bash_profile to /etc instead of /root.  It seems to make
> more sense to me...

My vote: create .vimrc because, as the book says, if we wanted vi, we'd
have installed it. And put it in /etc so it's available to new accounts.

cheers,
Seth W. "sklein" Klein
--
sklein at mint.net                          http://members.mint.net/sklein/
   They live on the edge?  I live hanging from my safty harness rope.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org