Typo LFS-cvs-20011105 ch6 configuring essential software

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Sat Nov 10 09:04:55 PST 2001

On 10 Nov 2001, at 13:07, Mark Hymers wrote:

> On Sat, 10, Nov, 2001 at 01:49:13PM +0100, Andre Wyrwa spoke thus..
> > BTW: Why do we create the config-file in /root and not a central one in
> > /etc?
> Good question... OTOH Why do we create one at all?  Personally I'd be in
> favour of creating one still but I can see that some may argue that it's up
> to the user to create that (it's not *required* after all).  If we do
> continue to create it however, we should probably put it in /etc

We don't create /etc/profile, so we should not create /etc/vimrc.

Unless the current .vimrc file is absolutely necessary for proper
operation of vim, it should be kicked completely. If it is absolutely
necessary for vim to work, then leave it in /root as we do with
.bash_profile

MSB

----
For sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org