glibc configure problem (no GNU CC or cannot exec cpp0)

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Sat Nov 10 02:36:28 PST 2001

On 10 Nov 2001, at 11:36, dna at tanker.d2g.com wrote:

> Hello
>
> Do you mean these?
> cd $LFS/lib &&
> ln -sf ../usr/bin/cpp &&
> cd $LFS/usr/lib &&
> ln -sf ../bin/cpp &&
> cd $LFS/usr/bin &&
> ln -sf gcc cc
>
> Nope, I made them all. And dubble checked that they are right. However if I
> remove the link to cpp0 I created earlier and type like this, the error is
> still there: I have no name!@caution:/# cpp cpp: installation problem,
> cannot exec `cpp0': No such file or directory
>
> Must be something else but what? What it the zero behind cpp supposed to
> do? I saw that glibc's configure complained about not beeing able to find
> cc1 either, is this also related to other problem? I can exec cc but not
> cc1 couse it doesn't exist.

cc1 and cpp0 are internal programs used by gcc. They are not called by the
user directly.

I think you need to reinstall gcc in chapter 5. Make sure you type
everything exactly as written in the book (copy and paste if possible or
extract commands with a text editor and make executable). Make sure the
LFS var is properly set. And before doing the reinstall, type

set | grep FLAGS

and make sure that your environment is clean (i.e. you don't have any
leftover CPPFLAGS or CFLAGS etc.)

MSB

----
Join the Army, meet interesting people, kill them.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org