glibc configure problem (no GNU CC or cannot exec cpp0)

dna at tanker.d2g.com dna at tanker.d2g.com
Sat Nov 10 02:36:37 PST 2001

Hello

Do you mean these?
cd $LFS/lib &&
ln -sf ../usr/bin/cpp &&
cd $LFS/usr/lib &&
ln -sf ../bin/cpp &&
cd $LFS/usr/bin &&
ln -sf gcc cc

Nope, I made them all. And dubble checked that they are right. However if I
remove the link to cpp0 I created earlier and type like this, the error is still
there:
I have no name!@caution:/# cpp
cpp: installation problem, cannot exec `cpp0': No such file or directory

Must be something else but what? What it the zero behind cpp supposed to do? I
saw that glibc's configure complained about not beeing able to find cc1 either,
is this also related to other problem? I can exec cc but not cc1 couse it
doesn't exist.

Regards David Nordenberg

Sent from tanker.d2g.com using JAWMAIL http://jawmail.sourceforge.net
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org