lilo + kernels > 2.4.10 -- solution?

Kevin Krumwiede krum at smyrnacable.net
Sat Nov 10 00:31:22 PST 2001

Inspection of genhd.h from the 2.4.8 kernel headers confirms my guess about
these symbols formerly being preprocessor macros.  From the changelogs it
looks like the change happened in 2.4.10-pre3.  So for any kernel later than
that, you have to remove the #defines in lilo's partition.c following the
comment "for older kernels".  I'll bone up on diff and submit a patch for
lilo that will account for both old and new kernels.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org