Another glibc-2.2.4 configure error

Joshua Eckroth mail at joshuaeckroth.com
Fri Nov 9 13:45:57 PST 2001

Book version: 3.0, chap 6, glibc-2.2.4 configure; I've progressed
through the book nearly exactly as it's written (only exception
is adding -O6 and -march=pentium, unless told not to), and when I
configure glibc, I get the following error:

/usr/src/glibc-build# ../glibc-2.2.4/configure --prefix=/usr \
>     --enable-add-ons --libexecdir=/usr/bin
creating cache ./config.cache
checking sysdep dirs... Segmentation fault
/usr/src/glibc-build#

I narrowed the segfault down to the "shift" statement in the configure
script:

# Expand the list of system names into a full list of directories
# from each element's parent name and Implies file (if present).
set $sysnames
names=
while test $# -gt 0; do
  name=$1
  shift

  case " $names " in *" $name "*)
    # Already in the list.
    continue
  esac

(Just search for "shift" (first match) -- don't know what line it is)

Thanks
-Josh

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org