Everyting went so well until I tried to boot

Michael V. Franklin slavo at mail.wsu.edu
Fri Nov 9 11:41:15 PST 2001

> Some things to check: did you properly install the kernel as
> described in
> the book? Did you update lilo?
> --

You know I followed the directions in the book, but I found nothing on how
to configure the kernel.  I configured the kernel myself making the best
assumptions that I could and then it worked.  Apparently, there's a RAMdisk
support in the kernel (or something like that) that needs to be compiled in
order for Lilo and other boot loaders to work.  That may have been the
problem.  It's working now (mostly).  I'm able to boot, but having trouble
installing modules.

Did I miss something in the book, because I saw nothing about how to
configure the kernel.  I'm using version 20011105.

Thanks,
Mike