AW: Changes for a 2.2.x kernel?

Andre Wyrwa a.wyrwa at web.de
Thu Nov 8 13:23:55 PST 2001

Hi

I did make use of the one-partition-hint for my notebook-build, too, except
that I didn't create a partition image as was stated in the hint. I simply
installed everything within a separate dir as a normal install would do.
The only trouble I ran into was that I wasn't able to mount the distro-fs
into the changerooted environment. Mount told me the device to be busy.
Perhaps this problem doesn't occure when creating a partition image as
stated in the hint. Don't know.

My solution then was to delete the distro while running it. Did anyone know
that you can remove your complete linux-system while running bash and still
work with some static-binaries (rm, cp, ls) that are located somewhere
else? (BTW: I did make use of the separated-static-build-hint.)

I did it on a pentium 133 mmx and it didn't need more than two half days to
build the whole lfs 3.0 base system.
(Mozilla takes nearly a whole day to compile.)

Not the answer to your question but maybe helpful, anyway.

Andre.