Re: Can´t locate module on bootup

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 8 08:52:35 PST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeroen Coumans" <jeroencoumans at hotmail.com>
To: <lfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2001 4:53 PM
Subject: Re: Can´t locate module on bootup

I'm sorry, I gave the wrong answer. You want to know why these messages
don't pop up in usermode, not how to get rid of them. This has to do with
the default logging level. At bootup, all kernel messages are printed to the
screen because syslogd hasn't started yet. This deals with redirecting those
messages to the appropriate logs. You'll have to check the appropriate man
pages for syslogd and klogd (probably also dmesg) for further explanation.
If you want to get rid of the messages, then you'll find the answers in the
FAQ!
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org