Glibc-2.2.4 compilation error

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Thu Nov 8 06:40:48 PST 2001

On 8 Nov 2001, at 15:17, Ingvar Sørlien wrote:

> "Ingvar Sørlien" skrev
> >> When I try to make Glibc 2.2.4 i get an error like this:
> >>
> >> Memory exhausted
> "Matthias Benkmann" skrev
> > It seems you need more memory. Add another swap file >and try again.
>
> I allready have a 100 MB swap file and 96 MB physical mem.

What kernel do you use? Maybe you tripped over one of the many many VM
problems that have troubled the 2.4.x series from the beginning.
Especially if you use an older 2.4.x kernel with the Rik VM, your swap
won't help unless it's at least twice as large as physical memory. It
sounds weird but you try to DEactivate all swap and try again.

MSB

----
Where...the ENIAC is equipped with 18000 vacuum tubes and weighs 30 tons,
computers in the future may have 1000 vacuum tubes and perhaps weigh just
1-1/2 tons.

Popular Mechanics, March 1949, p.258

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org