large disk and dual boot

David dareynol at eng.usf.edu
Thu Nov 8 05:57:34 PST 2001

I installed my base distro (RedHat 7.2), but LILO hangs printing only the L
of the LILO prompt.

The large disk howto suggests using linear in the lilo.conf file, but RedHat
already put that in. I tried removing it and it still hangs. Also hangs
using lba32.

Do I need to specify drive geometry?
If so, how?