gcc and autoconf

Kale Duncan silver at linuxfreemail.com
Tue Nov 6 15:19:38 PST 2001

I was merrily making my way through the LFS book when I was rudely stopped in
my tracks. While compiling the dynamic gcc-2.95.3 I got the following
messages:

make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/tmp/gcc-build/texinfo'
Bootstrapping the compiler
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/tmp/gcc-build/gcc'
cd ../../gcc-2.95.3/gcc; autoconf
/bin/sh: autoconf: command not found
make[1]: *** [../../gcc-2.95.3/gcc/configure] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/tmp/gcc-build/gcc'
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

I noticed that autoconf is not installed until a ways down the list. This is
my first time trying LFS so I am a bit nervous about deviating from the
prescribed order. I assume I did something wrong.

If you have any ideas or need more information, please let me know..

Kale Duncan
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org