NIS

Thomas thomas.degris at laposte.net
Mon Nov 5 08:21:48 PST 2001

Hello,

I am trying to set a server NIS and a client NIS from two lfs rc3. I
didn't get any trouble to compile it but I can't log on my client with a
user existing on the server.

On the client, the command "ypcat passwd.byname" returns all the user I
have on my server but the getwpnam doesn't know the id of user on the
nis server.

As specified in the book, I installed shadow password and I don't know
how remove shadow password or anything like that. Because it is written
in the NIS howto it is not a good idea to use shadow with NIS, I deleted
users in the shadow file (in /etc) and add their password in
/etc/passwd. But the client still didn't work.

Does anybody give a hint or whatever ? I really need this...

Thank you

Thomas

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org