glibc 2.2.4 configure problem

Olaf Gruettner olaf.gruettner at web.de
Fri Nov 2 05:22:18 PST 2001

On Thu, 01 Nov 2001 12:43:44 PST
"Brent Miszalski" <tokra at pop.ihug.com.au> wrote:

> After getting to here http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/view/3.0/ch06-
> glibc.html and following the instructions I get this error message:

> checking for assembler global-symbol directive... UNKNOWN
> configure: error: cannot determine asm global directive

I have had problems installing the glibc-Software.
It turned out that the lfs-book assumes the linux-sources be unpacked
under /usr/src/ ...
while they talked about organising the packages under /usr/src/sources/a
... /usr/src/sources/z

try to install the kernel by hand and look for errors.

I am not sure, but it might help

Olaf
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org