glibc compiling problems.

Everett Simonds/AUS/Lotus Everett_Simonds at lotus.com
Fri Nov 2 09:23:27 PST 2001

Okay,

When I executed the gcc --print-file-name=cpp statement all I got was "gcc"
no path, so I went back and looked over chapter five as you stated.  I
recreated
the links, but noticed there was no /usr/bin/cpp.  (I may have deleted this
I'm not
sure (don't ask))  I rebuilt GCC and was able to obtain the "cpp" program
that I
needed.

This has apparently corrected the issue.

Thanks,
Everett "Bryce" Simonds

|---------+-------------------------------------->
|         |           "Matthias Benkmann"        |
|         |           <matthias at winterdrache.de> |
|         |           Sent by:                   |
|         |           lfs-support-owner at linuxfrom|
|         |           scratch.org                |
|         |                                      |
|         |                                      |
|         |           11/02/2001 05:55 AM        |
|         |           Please respond to          |
|         |           lfs-support                |
|         |                                      |
|---------+-------------------------------------->
  |                                                                                                                               |
  |        To:      lfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org                                                                              |
  |        cc:      (bcc: Everett Simonds/AUS/Lotus)                                                                              |
  |        Subject: Re: glibc compiling problems.                                                                                 |

On 1 Nov 2001, at 18:08, Everett Simonds/AUS/Lotus wrote:

> When I was attempting to setup glibc for the first time I get a fair
> way through the compile when it spits the following error out at me:
>
> make  -C synrpc others
> make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/glibc-2.2.4/sunrpc'
> /usr/src/glibc-build/elf/ld-linux.so.2 --libary-path

/usr/src/glibc-build:/usr/src/glibc-build/math:/usr/src/glibc-build/elf:/us
> r/src/glibc-build/dlfcn:/usr/sr

c/glibc-build/nss:/usr/src/glibc-build/nis:/usr/src/glibc-build/rt:usr/src/
> glibc-build/resolv:/usr/src/gli
> bc-build/crypt:/usr/src/glibc-build/linuxthreads
> /user/src/glibc-build/sunrpc/rpcgen -Y`gcc -print-file-name=cpp | sed
> 's|/spp$||'` -c rpcsvc/bootparam_prot.x -o
> /usr/src/glibc-build/sunrpc/xbootparam_prot.T cannot find C preprocessor:
> cpp/cpp /usr/src/glibc-build/sunrpc/rpcgen: C preprocessor failed with
exit
> code 1 make[2]: *** [/usr/src/glibc-build/sunrpc/xbootparam_prt.stmp]
Error
> 1 make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/glibc-2.2.4/sunrpc' make[1]: ***
> [sunrpc/others] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/glibc-2.2.4'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> Now at first glance I thought that I might have messed up on the
> gcc compile, and it's having a problem compiling C++ programs.

You probably forgot to create the cpp symlink when building gcc in chapter
5. Try

gcc --print-file-name=cpp

inside chroot.
This has to output THE FULL PATH to cpp. If it doesn't you lack the
symlink. Go back to chapter 5's gcc installation and create the right
symlinks.

MSB

----
A psychologist is a man who watches everyone else when a beautiful
girl enters the room.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org