re make & sh-utils error

Vaidyanath Natraj vaidyanath.natraj at wipro.com
Sat Dec 19 02:29:30 PST 1998

hi gerrard,
sorry for the newbie question. but in a prev mail u had indicated that a
solution to my problem was listed somewhere in the archive on lfs mail
lists. however i have not been able to locate the same. i wud be extremely
grateful if u wud be able to provide some help in resolving this vexing
problem.
Wud it be better if i started allover again with the entire lfs installation
thanking u in advance
regds
kannan

gerard wrote:
This problem has been dealt with before, I just can't remember the fix by
head. Please have a look at http://search.linuxfromscratch.org

You should be able to find fixes for both make and sh-utils

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 02:04:48PM +0530, kannan wrote:
> 1. make

> root:/usr/src/make-3.79.1#make
> make  all-recursive
> make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/make-3.79.1'
> Making all in i18n
> make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/make-3.79.1/i18n'
> make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/make-3.79.1/i18n'
> make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/make-3.79.1'
> gcc  -g -O2  -o make  ar.o arscan.o commands.o dir.o expand.o file.o
function.o
> getopt.o implicit.o job.o main.o misc.o read.o remake.o rule.o signame.o
> variable.o vpath.o default.o remote-stub.o version.o
getopt1.o    -lutil -lelf