LFS Paper on Secure Servers

EC wingmanREMOVEME at waika9.com
Sat May 1 13:03:11 PDT 2004

Great job. Very interesting and useful. I will probably test it in a few
weeks for my own environement. I no security expert, though.

I do have small comments/questions/suggestions..
1) The use of sendmail as an MTA .. since it is secure oriented, isn't is
more interesting to put postfix or qmail instead ?
2) Going to nALFS for the build will be great. I am newbie to LFS, but have
already built dozens of LFS with it. It works great, profiles are quick to
write, easy to maintain/change.
3) isn't it interesting to use grsecurity in such environement ? Again, I'm
no expert, but building such an security oriented system with grsecurity and
a well desgined ACL seems useful.

Hope my comments were useful..

Emmanuel.