XFree86-4.3.0 Xft vulnerability patch, round 2

Kelledin kelledin+BLFS at skarpsey.dyndns.org
Tue Sep 2 17:37:06 PDT 2003

On Sunday 31 August 2003 01:30 pm, Kelledin wrote:
> "blemix" <blemux at hush.com> recently reported a series of
> integer overflow vulnerabilities in XFree86 4.3.0 to the
> bugtraq at securityfocus.com mailing list.  Primarily these are
> integer overflow errors which in certain configurations could
> lead to the X server executing arbitrary code.

Matthieu Herrb revised his fixes.  Some of the revisions appear
functionally pertinent to 64-bit platforms, some are just for
cleanliness.  In any event, here's the revised patch, backported
again.  It compiles and seems to work.

http://skarpsey.dyndns.org/XFree86-4.3.0-xftfix-2.patch.bz2

(I really wish I had some proof-of-concept code to go on now...)

--
Kelledin
it still cost four figures to fix?"