LFS Server Move

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jun 13 19:50:53 PDT 2003

Hi guys,

This is just an update email to all the LFS Mailinglists, no need to reply
to it.

As most of you (should) know by now, the LFS server is back in a colocation
facility and almost fully operational. We're being assigned a new IP block
which they are testing right now and should be available after midnight
(it's being configured upstream from the colocation. So it's waiting on
them). The past week I've been working on preparations (which explains why
I turned quiet again. Just got back from having been away and I disappear
shortly after. The timing wasn't great but it couldn't be helped).

As soon as the new IPs are configured properly I'll start with the
process of moving the services over from Jesse's server to the LFS server.
How long this will take will entirely depend on how many bumps we will
encounter. I'm taking the opportunity to setup new mailinglist software at
the same time, that being GNU Mailman. I will see to it that the current
filters.

Email and user accounts will be the first parts to be moved over so there
may be slight delays at times when SMTP servers and mailinglists are
interrupted. I'll of course try to make it as smooth as possible and make
sure that the current server starts forwarding all linuxfromscratch.org
mail to the new one so nothing will get lost, or people who unsubscribed
find themselves resubscribed all of the sudden.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org