glibc vulnerability

Marnix Kaart marnix_lfs at mkaart.net
Fri Jun 13 02:11:35 PDT 2003

On Sunday 01 June 2003 22:22, Dagmar d'Surreal wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 07:51, Jochen Schroeder wrote:
> > Suse has released a patch for glibc to fix a security hole in the XDR
> > code, see here for details:
> > http://www.suse.de/de/security/2003_027_glibc.html
>
> Umm... Took them long enough.  Glibc-2.3.2 doesn't have this problem.

I have no RPC based services running on my machine, so I am assuming that I am
not vulnerable to this specific problem (I am a bit hesitant on recompiling
glibc). Any confirmation on this?

Thanks,
Marnix Kaart

--
Marnix Kaart
Reg. Linux User #267495        http://counter.li.org

/\                        - against proprietary formats

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org