kernel security issue

Ken Dyke ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.net
Sun Nov 24 12:23:54 PST 2002

On Sun, 2002-11-24 at 12:23, Christophe Devine wrote:
>  Actually, I though about waiting 2 or 3 years without disclosing
> this bug, so that all 2.6 kernels became vulnerable too.
>  Then, write an apache or whatever worm and bring down large parts
> of the Internet. However, that would have been considered a little
> bit rude, so I changed my mind ;-)

LOL!  That actually makes for a good argument against some
self-described blackhats that are trying to disrupt all discussion of
full disclosure on a mailing list I am subscribed to.  It almost goes
without saying that they are against disclosure of any kind.  I am sure
they absolutely hate it when their favorite 'sploit gets patched.

--
I think, therefore, ken_i_m
Chief Gadgeteer,