[SECURITY] Simpleinit root exploit

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Mon May 27 09:54:14 PDT 2002

On Sun, 26 May 2002 22:19:24 -0400 "Donald G. Wilson Jr."
<wilson at warwick.net> wrote:

> Hello. Forgive my errors or transgressions if any.
>
> I subscribed to this list wondering how security problems are handled
> before installing LFS.
> I am at a total loss here as to what is being described.

You don't need to worry about anything. The normal LFS book doesn't use
simpleinit. There are some LFS users who deviate from the book and use
simpleinit. Only those are affected. In general, if a security issue is
found in an LFS or BLFS package (and sometimes other interesting packages)
it is discussed on lfs-security till a solution is found. If you have
further questions regarding an issue, don't be afraid to ask them.

MSB

--
When you order sausage in Germany, prepare for the wurst!

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org