LFS Cracked?

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Mar 26 07:06:13 PST 2002

Yo,

On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 02:05:41AM +1200, nevyn wrote:
> This probably sounds stupid but i unsubscribed from these lists more than 6
> months ago now and still recieve the occsional email though always in big
> lots. eg. i might not get one for 2 weeks and then suddenly i'll have 10
> sitting in my inbox <cringe> haven't really had time to play with linux so
> i'm still in bothersome windows. Can someone help me get off these lists
> properly? I only seem to get the security ones but like i said, they're
> pretty infrequent.

That's because your still subscribed;

root at shadowfax:/home/listar/lists# grep nevyn at igrin.co.nz */users
lfs-announce/users:nevyn at igrin.co.nz : |ECHOPOST|
lfs-security/users:nevyn at igrin.co.nz : |ECHOPOST|
root at shadowfax:/home/listar/lists#

Just do the standard unsubscribe thing.  lfs-security is usually a very
low volume list, which is why you problably over looked it.  It's only
recently that there's been a large number of posts to it.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org