LFS Cracked?

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Mar 25 22:08:18 PST 2002

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 10:59:48PM -0600, scott thomason wrote:
> Probably for a short while :)  I'm just comparing LFS build steps against
> my own to see if you guys have picked up any tricks I've missed. My
> distro can be considered an "early branch" of LFS. It's still not done,
> though :(

Be sure to check out
http://hints.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/keep_chap5_and_chap6_sep.txt

This is one of our "bigger tricks" so to speak that is going in the book
soon. It's a hint because the book isn't ready for it yet. If you rather
wait for the final implementation (that hint won't be included verbatim)
give us a few more weeks to wrap everything up. In between editing the book
I'm also busy developing a new bug tracking system (Bugzilla is getting
bothersome and I can't find anything out there that suites our needs, so
we're writing our own. Again, if you wanna be happy do it from
scratch...fits perfectly doesn't it...even have to create something from
scratch to report bugs in the "from scratch" book. Everything needs to be
done from scratch).

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org