zlib advisory ?

Carsten P. Gehrke Carsten at rollinghorse.com
Thu Mar 14 22:09:13 PST 2002

What should we do with the kernel?  IIRC, someone mentioned that it uses
the routines in question.  But since zlib isn't added until the BLFS book,
does updating the zlib package to 1.1.4 and recompiling the kernel fix the
problem?  My guess is it would not.  Should we wait until a new version of
the kernel is released?  In short, is the zlib defect a problem for the
kernel?  And if it is, what would be the best course of action?

TIA,
Carsten

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org