shared libraries [ was: Re: Fwd: Re: zlib-1.1.4 out - security fix ]

Ian Molton spyro at armlinux.org
Thu Mar 14 17:09:43 PST 2002

On a sunny Thu, 14 Mar 2002 18:49:49 -0600 Bruce Dubbs gathered a sheaf of
electrons and etched in their motions the following immortal words:

> Other factors, not performance must be used when deciding to use shared
> or static linking.

As I said in my other post, its not possible to give a 'fair' test here.

You are correct - things like error recovery (eg. something nuked the
shared libs) are more important considerations.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org