zlib advisory ?

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Wed Mar 13 18:33:54 PST 2002

Also Sprach Wil Cooley <wcooley at nakedape.cc> on Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 06:23:14PM PST

> I've tried several of these ('strings' too) and can't locate anything
> definitely exported from libz.a, like 'gz_open'.

Oh, I must have been doing to much assembler; I missed
something obvious: text strings of copyright.  This is from
Bugtraq:

# find / -type f -print0 |xargs -0 strings -af |grep \
    '\(in\|de\)flate.*\(Gailly\|Adler\)'

Wil
W. Reilly Cooley                           wcooley at nakedape.cc
irc.linux.com                                     #orlug,#lnxs

Conscience is the inner voice that warns us somebody may be looking.
		-- H.L. Mencken, "A Mencken Chrestomathy"