zlib advisory ?

scott thomason scott at thomasons.org
Wed Mar 13 16:21:48 PST 2002

I haven't spent any time looking at the code, but it seems
to me there is a package-identification technique people
are overlooking: the "nm" command. If you use the nm command
on a binary (executable, library, whatever...), it will give
you a list of called entry points. Run these thru grep, and
you will have a definitive answer even if the zlib code was
incorporated into a package (assuming they didn't do dramatic
brain surgery and rename the functions).
---scott
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org