zlib advisory ?

Bill Maltby LFS Related lfsbill at wlmlx1.wlmcs.com
Tue Mar 12 12:48:52 PST 2002

Gerard,

When you ref the ones with their own copy of zlib, are you meaning
they compiled a copy in or they are statically linked.

I ask because nm can be used to get symbols in statically linked
object files. This might be a tool for detecting those, if they
didn't stripp all symbols (you may be able to recognize a zip name).

If they made their own compile it is, of course, more iffy. They could
have changeed names and whatnot.

I don't know if that is useful or you had considered it, but there it is.

BTW, the linker used to be able to remove and replace sections,
effectively, relinking. Can it still do that?

Bill Maltby
billm at wlmcs.com

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org