zlib-1.1.4 out - security fix

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Mar 11 14:44:03 PST 2002

On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 10:30:10PM +0000, Ryan M. McConahy wrote:
> How about someone writing a script that'll search through
> /usr/src and find all volnurable packages? I mean, there's
> got to be more affected than just the base LFS packages,
> come on!

it's not the base lfs packages I'm worried about. There aren't too many
that use zlib, gcc may use something internal and the kernel does. I'm more
worried about the nearly 100 other packages installed on the
linuxfromscratch.org, or the several hundred on other servers. Drat it's
gonna bit a nice job

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org