zlib-1.1.4 out - security fix

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Mar 11 14:23:54 PST 2002

On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 09:55:19PM +0000, Mark Hymers wrote:
> I'd forgotten about packages which compile zlib in statically.  This
> could be messy...
>
> http://www.linuxsecurity.com/articles/security_sources_article-4582.html

Man, that's just nasty beyond believe. I'm glad to read "no known exploit
is available at this time" so that gives us a bit more breathing room. I
guess I'll be checking out every installed application on the
linuxfromscratch.org server over the next week. Oh the joys of security
issues. If everybody had just decent morals this all would not be
necessary...what's happening to our society ?

Anyways, that's a discussion for another time on another mailing list
(blfs-support?)

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org