Umask and file permission question

Andrew Friedley saai at swbell.net
Sat Aug 31 06:39:53 PDT 2002

I've always used 077 for all users including root, but I tend to be kind of
restrictive on permissions.  Just remember to to set your umask to 022 when
you build a new lfs, or you'll end up chmod'ing most of your new system by
hand to get it working right :)  Usually when I want to share stuff between
users ill cp the files to /tmp and chmod them, then rm em when im done.

saai

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org