OpenSSH Trojan

Don Smith don_smith at att.net
Fri Aug 2 08:14:18 PDT 2002

Richard Lightman wrote:

> I install everything via DESTDIR (or some equivilant) and I would be
> happy for the book to do the same. Unfortunately it would require lots
> of effort, and unless lots of people speak up now and agree with me,
> I can understand that it is not a high priority.

I think we should remember that LFS is *only* designed to show you how
to build a Linux system from sources. Adding security to the LFS book
would just add confusing complexity to what is now a complex enough
process and make the book that much larger.

A much better idea would be a new project called S(B)LFS which gives
details on how to secure your LFS and BLFS systems.

Don
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org