Fw: Flaws in recent Linux kernels

Frank Tiemann ft at sinneswandel.de
Fri Oct 19 02:05:51 PDT 2001

> I am sure you have heard about it (it is at bugtraq). There seems to
> be also the problem in kernel 2.4.12, as another message stated. Any
> comments / suggestions, which kernel should be used?
>
> Jan

>> II. Root compromise by ptrace(3)

i tried only this exploit on two systems (2.2.19+ow+stealth and 2.4.12
plain) - and it didnt work.
this exploit seems to be a bit "fuzzy", on some systems, it works (someone
told me about an 2.2.19+ow3+stealth and the mailinglist reports about an
2.4.1x+gresec) - dunno why.

so, try this exploit yourself and look for the result

frank

--
CoreOS 1.2.0 hat diese E-Mail auf Viren ueberprueft.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org