intrusion detection suggestion

Gregory Davis gdavis7 at umbc.edu
Thu Oct 11 09:15:42 PDT 2001

Erik Janssens wrote:

> To solve this there should be some 'snapshots' of LFS
> at certain points in time, that are available on
> the LFS site. So that someone that wants
> to use kernel 2.4.6, can go back to an earlier version of
> LFS, which had that kernel version.
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but I only saw 1 version of LFS
> on the website, which is 3.0 using 2.4.8
>
> Erik.

You seem to want to think that LFS is a "distribution" of linux.  It is
merely a guide to building your own linux system, independent of a
distribution (granted, the maintainers of this project do painstaking
research into compliance and build procedures).  If you think you want to
use a different kernel, or something you absolutely need to have only
compiles with an ancient version of autoconf, then by all means change what
you wish.  You are in the driver's seat.

Greg

--
"I will share all with you whenever you wish
and do so without ambition, from which I am more exempt
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org