intrusion detection suggestion

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Oct 9 17:51:25 PDT 2001

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 11:35:31PM +0200, Erik Janssens wrote:
> To solve this there should be some 'snapshots' of LFS
> at certain points in time, that are available on
> the LFS site. So that someone that wants
> to use kernel 2.4.6, can go back to an earlier version of
> LFS, which had that kernel version.

Just because LFS uses some version, doesn't mean you can't change it. The
book you are reading was just tested with that kernel but feel free to
download newer packages and use them.

> Correct me if I'm wrong, but I only saw 1 version of LFS
> on the website, which is 3.0 using 2.4.8

There's also the nightly CVS snapshot. It's updated once a day and
includes, at the moment, the 2.4.10 kernel. 2.4.11 was just released so the
book will be including this in a few days (as soon as one of the editors
get around it).

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org