intrusion detection suggestion

Erik Janssens erik.janssens at ping.be
Tue Oct 9 14:35:31 PDT 2001

Is anyone looking to including LIDS ( www.lids.org ) into LFS ?
This looks like an excellent security enhancement for LFS.

Is was thinking about building a new kernel using LFS,
including LIDS. But there is one problem:
LFS uses 2.4.8. LIDS supports multiple kernel version,
except 2.4.8 ( for now).

To solve this there should be some 'snapshots' of LFS
at certain points in time, that are available on
the LFS site. So that someone that wants
to use kernel 2.4.6, can go back to an earlier version of
LFS, which had that kernel version.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I only saw 1 version of LFS
on the website, which is 3.0 using 2.4.8

Erik.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org