Secure email

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Fri Jun 1 16:45:21 PDT 2001

Yo,

On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 04:26:06PM -0700, Shawn Foley wrote:
> If you try postfix you will need another daemon for pop3 and imap.
> I know courier does SSL and I believe cyrus does also.
>
> http://www.inter7.com/courierimap/
> http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus/imapd/

Yup.

I like to suggest Postfix with the STARTTSL patch;

http://www.postfix.org/
http://www.aet.tu-cottbus.de/personen/jaenicke/pfixtls/

Which will give you nice TSL encryption (for clients that support it)
and not having to use a "wrapper" like stunnel/ssh.

Then Courier IMAP (which uses Maildir/) or Cyrus (which uses it's own
db-style thingy) for STARTSSL support in IMAP/POP3...

I think Eudora Qpopper now has TSL/SSL support "free" (instead of them
releasing it as a product, iirc) too now; http://www.eudora.com/qpopper/

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-security-request at linuxfromscratch.org