Secure email

Kristoffer Ekelund e7ke at etek.chalmers.se
Fri Jun 1 15:09:58 PDT 2001

On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, Thomas 'Balu' Walter wrote:

> # grep pop3s /etc/services
> pop3s           995/tcp    spop3        # pop3 protocol over TLS/SSL
> pop3s           995/udp    spop3        # pop3 protocol over TLS/SSL
>
> Check out sslwrap http://www.rickk.com/sslwrap/ to do those :)
> Works also for:

Thanks, I'm looking into that... Do you know if pop3s is a
"real" protocol, well I guess it is since it's in IANA's list but do you
know of any pop3 deamons/clients that do it "naitivley" so to speak, or do
they have to be fooled into doing it?

<snip>

> I don't like qmail, because I heard Dan Bernstein is a little paranoid
> ;-) - It looks like he does what he wants, not what other find correct.

Just out of curiosity, do you have any examples of things he doesn't do
correctly in qmail?

> Next one I'll try is postfix from Wietse Venema (who is a name you
> should know in security world :)

Gerard recommended this one aswell, I'll definitley check it out.

	Sincerely,
	Kristoffer

--
Read, think, spread! http://www.toad.com/gnu/whatswrong.html