man-pages installation change

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 16 18:59:06 PST 2001

On January 16, 2001 08:32 pm, Craig M. Reece wrote:
> IIRC, I advocated using the make file that was already there with the
> man-pages tarball, but running it before installing the other packages. It
> will do the right thing with modes, etc. and then the files will get
> overwritten later by a specific package when its man installation runs.

Yes you did and I completely forgot about it (that's what you get when it
didn't arive on the TODO list for some reason, my memory goes blank after a
while).

Ok, it has been changed. I'll be testing this just to make sure it behaves as
we all want it to but I don't see why not and I assume you have tested it too
before you pointed it out so I don't expect it not to work now.

Thanks for the re-reminder ;)

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org