man-pages? what does this...

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 2 13:11:26 PST 2001

On December 30, 2000 01:32 am, Jesse Tie Ten Quee wrote:
> Yo,
>
> On Fri, Dec 29, 2000 at 03:42:47PM -0500, Simon Perreault wrote:
> > I'm telling you "something doesn't look quite right". This is my output:
>
> *whoo* at least i'm not the only one (that's not always a good thing :)
>
> > UID 1000 is user bin, so I get exactly the same thing as you get.
> > Something's very strange. And I think it IS something critical.
>
> I will pay extra attention to my next build and try and find out what
> does this.

Perhaps the "cp -av"  of man-pages package isn't a great thing to do after
all ;)

Something I have been contemplating a while:
after lfs-book finished let's run a command like:

chown root.root -R / (when you rebooted and setup networking)

I'll have to check though if there are files not owned by root/group root
after an install (aside from the man pages, perhaps there are files owned by
'bin' because it's supposed to be owned by bin, can't tell that off hand).

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org