bare minimum packages (Was: Ping, Pong, oh lets get moving shall we ;)

Fabio Fracassi f.fracassi at gmx.net
Sat Nov 11 07:45:08 PST 2000

On Saturday 11 November 2000 05:12, you wrote:
> well, i think it's a good idea to allow logins from a serial line only.
> how do you set that up?

have a look at /etc/login.defs, /etc/login.access, man login, man login.defs,

PAM can do such things pretty well, but I haven't yet looked into it, so I
can't tell you  where to start.

> how can you actually force a telnet daemon to listen on the serial
> interface only (not on eth0, for example).

Most daemons have such options in there config file.
But if you are realy concerned about security, you should not use
telnet at all, but do it with ssh.

Fabio